Privacy Notification from PM
1. What data we process about you
This notification describes how Plasticmetall (PM), Steinhagegasse 13, 1120 Vienna, (hereinafter “we”, “us” or “our”), processes your personal data.
As part of your visit to this website, we will collect the following information: The date and time of accessing a page on our website, your IP address, name and version of your web browser, the website (URL) that you visited prior to accessing this website, certain cookies (see point 2 below ) and the information that you provide yourself by registering on our website in the web shop. As part of the registration in the web shop or with an individual order, we process the following data you have provided to us:
First and last name;
There is no obligation to actually disclose any information that we ask you to submit on our website. However, if you do not do so, you will not be able to use all features of the website or make online orders.
2. Cookies and Google Analytics
So-called cookies are used on this website. A cookie is a small file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a website. Basically, cookies are used to provide users with additional features on a website. For example, they may be used to help you navigate a website, to allow you to continue to use a website where you left off, and/or to remember your preferences and settings when you return to the website. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer. Most of the cookies on this website are so-called session cookies. They will be automatically deleted when you leave our website. Persistent cookies, however, remain on your computer until you manually delete them in your browser. We use such persistent cookies to recognise you when you next visit our website. If you want to monitor the cookies on your computer, in your browser settings you can choose to receive a notification when a website wants to set cookies. You can also block or delete cookies if they have already been saved on your computer. If you want to know more about how to take these steps, please use the “Help” feature in your browser. Please note that blocking or deleting cookies could affect your online experience and prevent you from using this website to the full extent.
2.1. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under this link.
3. Purposes of data processing
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To make this website available to you and to further improve and develop this website;
- To create usage statistics;
- To detect, prevent and investigate attacks on our website;
- To respond to your requests;
- To fulfil the contract and to execute the orders you requested;
- For advertising purposes (e.g.: sending of advertising leaflets, data sheets, etc. by post or e-mail);
- For collection purposes on occasion;
- For credit checks.
4. Legal basis for processing
We process the personal data referred to in point 1 with your consent in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as well as according to article 6 paragraph 1 letter f GDPR, due to our predominant legitimate interest, which consists in achieving the purposes mentioned under point 3.
5. Transmission of your personal data
For the above purposes, we will send your personal data to the following recipients:
- IT service providers used by us;
- Marketing and communications service providers used by us;
- Accounting and payroll service providers used by us;
- Collection agencies, legal representatives or courts used by us on occasion;
- Creditors and credit-protection associations.
6. Duration of storage
Your personal data will only be stored by us for as long as we reasonably deem necessary in order to achieve the purposes set out in point 3 and as permitted under applicable law. In any case, we store your personal data as long as there are statutory retention requirements or statutes of limitations for potential legal claims have not yet expired. In any event, when you register on our website, we will retain your information for as long as your account persists and thereafter for as long as legal obligations so require.
7. Your rights in connection with personal data
Among other things, you are entitled (under the conditions of applicable law):
- To verify if and what personal data we have stored about you and to obtain copies of that data;
- To request the correction, addition, or deletion of your personal data that is incorrect or improperly processed;
- To require us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- To object in certain circumstances to the processing of your personal data or to revoke the prior consent for processing;
- To require data portability;
- To know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data is transmitted, and
- To lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
8. Our contact details
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us:
Tel.: + 43 1 817 13 51
Last updated on 09 April 2018